Reaccreditation Change Update 02/08/17
2 August 2017
We apologise for the delay:
- Unfortunately, the new system of Reaccreditation is still not ready to be launched.
- This is largely due to the technical requirements of the new database and website being more complex than our supplier had originally allowed for.
- It will now launch later in the year – we will update you on this as soon as we can.
- An outline of the new process can be found on this link: FAQs re new reaccreditation process.
- As part of our goal to have simpler and widely understood terminology, The BABCP Board has decided to retain the term Reaccreditation to describe the new process. The aim of reaccreditation remains to help practitioners maintain quality and standards of their practice, however this term, (Maintaining Quality and Standards of Practice - MQSP) will no longer be used to label the process.
What the delay means for members:
- Everybody who would have been due for reaccreditation between now and the launch will remain accredited – you don’t need to take any action.
- Therefore, you will continue to pay your accreditation maintenance fee on the date that you would have been due for reaccreditation.
- Once the new system is up and running, we will let you know, and will also notify you by email one month before you are due to make your first online declaration confirming that you are maintaining your commitment to CPD and supervision.
The new guidelines
In the meantime:
Please note that no-one will be selected for audit until at least one year after they have made their first online declaration on the anniversary of their accreditation date once the new process is launched.
FAQs concerning changes to the Reaccreditation process