||Part-Time Trauma Therapist (Domestic Abuse)
||18.75 per week
||£30,000.00 per annum/pro-rata
Under the management of the Clinical Director to provide specialist face to face therapy to ASSIST clients who have experienced domestic abuse or violence.
This role requires the suitable candidate to work in a holistic way and in partnership with other organisations as appropriate.
ASSIST is a member of the European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies. All ASSIST specialist therapists are expected to work according to evidence based practice models (currently trauma-focused C.B.T. and E.M.D.R.), and in accordance with ethical practice.
- To provide specialist trauma therapy to ASSIST clients who have suffered domestic abuse or violence, as directed by the Director of Client Services, in the client’s home (if agreed) or other identified suitable premises.
- Ability and willingness to travel to see clients as required.
- To provide information on service provision and trauma/Traumatic Bereavement/Post Traumatic Stress related issues.
- To deliver client services directly, and to receive appropriate clinical supervision as agreed and arranged with the ASSIST Clinical Director. External supervision will be by telephone with a supervisor from the Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre.
- To provide information on service provision and trauma/Domestic Abuse/Post Traumatic Stress related issues.
- To make notes of each client session, including reasons for cancellations and non-attendance and to provide copies of notes to the ASSIST office on a monthly basis.
- To maintain client confidentiality and respect at all times.
- To maintain all records in line with the Data Protection Act.
- To be aware of and to adhere to current safeguarding legislation.
- To be non-judgemental in approach to all the work.
- To adhere to all ASSIST’s policies and procedures and to promote the values, spirit and ethos of the organisation at all times.
- To be a positive and contributing member of the ASSIST team and to attend team meetings and training events as arranged.
- To collect and maintain statistical performance data as required.