Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the patient is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
Our inclusive way of working has the patient as a true partner in their care. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium.
It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent care programs that truly benefit the patients.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of 22 sites strategically placed across England and Wales.
The Brighton & Hove Clinic has been in operation as a private mental health facility for nearly 20 years, formerly the Priory Hospital.
We have a dedicated and experienced multi-disciplinary team. We offer treatment for a wide range of mental health conditions which include inpatient, day patient & outpatient services.
Therapy service provision currently offers an adult group therapy programme for both inpatients & day patients. We also provide individual outpatient therapy services for adults, children and adolescents.
As a team we have identified the need for a therapist with specific experience in Dialectical Behavioural Therapy and would welcome applications with relevant experience.
Our DBT/CBT Therapist/Psychologist Job role involves:
The successful candidate will join our well established and supportive Therapy Team.
Identifies and delivers appropriate and relevant treatments and interventions within the given field of therapy, in order to promote and develop the mental, emotional, physical and social well-being of patients; liaising with family and carers.
- Receives and responds promptly to referrals, undertaking initial assessments to establish the scope, level and nature of the individual patient’s therapeutic needs.
- Leads and facilitates group and/or individual therapy sessions, ensuring activities and interventions continue to meet the needs of the patients, and are consistent with the provisions detailed in the patients’ therapy plan.
- Manages, monitors and reviews an assigned caseload, ensuring delivery within the agreed timescales.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date clinical records, case file notes and computerised information, and other associated documentation; providing and presenting progress reports to case conference meetings on a regular basis.
- Liaise with professional and clinical colleagues, as part of the MDT. Also, assist with the analysis and reporting of statistical data and information for research and audit purposes.
To be successful as a DBT/CBT Therapist/Psychologist you’ll need
Qualifications and Experience
Accredited or working towards accreditation with BACP, BABCP or HCPC.
Autonomy and Impact
This role operates independently for much of the time providing therapy, undertaking initial assessments and facilitating group therapy sessions reporting progress on a regular basis. However, senior staff and professional colleagues are readily available to provide advice, guidance and intervention if required. The impact of judgements and actions will become obvious within the short term.
Intelligent Problem Solving
The majority of creative problem solving will be managed through the application and adaptation of acquired knowledge and skills. However, the role holder needs to keep abreast of the latest research and development within the various fields of clinical practice adapting their own techniques, methods and interventions to conform to best practice.
Communication & Interaction
Highly sophisticated communication and interpersonal skills are critical as this role holder must gain the trust and build the confidence of patients in order for treatments and interventions to be effective and successful.
We are a 17 bed acute mental health facility with busy day/outpatient services. We have a well established multi-disciplinary team, including consultant psychiatrists nursing and support services. The therapy department is a friendly, supportive team made up of Clinical Psychologists, Psychology Assistants and Psychotherapists.
Clinical supervision is central to clinical practice and in conjunction with team meetings takes place on a weekly basis.
Responsible for the allocation and overseeing work of more junior staff.
Budgets & equipment
Shared responsibility for the care and operation of standard equipment.
Responsibility for the confidentiality, security and accuracy of assigned patient records, data and information.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays & your birthday (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Carefirst – Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Voluntary Benefits
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and accreditation status.
The position is a 30 hours per week post
For a junior therapist the salary range is circa £25-£30K pro rata
For senior therapists/psychologists circa £30-£40k pro rata