Women and Gender Minorities Equality SIG
We are delighted to launch the newest Special Interest Group for BABCP members. Our launch event is planned for October 2018, so contact the BABCP office to join up and hear about all our latest news when it happens.
- To provide an open, safe space which facilitates exploration and discussion of gender issues experienced within the organisational culture.
- To promote equality of opportunity for women and gender minorities within the organisation
- To recognise the discriminatory effect that structural racism has on women of colour and to raise awareness of how this affects equality of opportunity within the organisation.
- To promote supportive workplace environments for women and gender minorities
- To build closer professional relationships in the workplace to enable differences to be embraced.
- To organise training to identify and address the issues that may be preventing women and gender minorities from putting themselves forward for leadership positions within the organisation
- To raise awareness of discriminatory practice against women and gender minorities
- To address and support through training the issues that affect women and gender minorities in the workplace
- To encourage the career development of women and gender minorities in CBT research, training and clinical settings
- Empower women and gender minorities to contribute further to the development and dissemination of high quality CBT research and practice.
- Foster a supportive environment for women and gender minorities to create professional networks to improve patient care
- Raise awareness and understanding of the cultural, social, political and psychological processes underpinning gender difference in psychological disorders
- Promote the positive visibility and diversity of women and gender minorities in the organisation and celebrate their achievements
Interim Committee Members
||Rachel Phillips, Patricia Murphy
Any BABCP member can join. To do so, please email us at email@example.com
To contact the committee, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org