Join the BABCP Standards Committee
Standards of behaviour as a BABCP member matter. BABCP seeks to promote the development of the theory and practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies in all applicable settings in accordance with our Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics ‘the Standards’, and as such, BABCP members are expected to act with integrity and in line with the values of the organisation. Complaints are considered against BABCP Complaints Procedures Governing Members.
The Standards Committee is seeking new committee members to work towards upholding the BABCP Standards. If you can demonstrate the following, we would love to hear from you -
- Experience of effectively working within committees, working groups or similar, within a membership or professional organisation
- Experience of considering complaints in a professional or voluntary capacity
- Experience in the field of clinical governance
- Responsibility for managing standards
- You have no current or previous action taken against you that impacts your membership of any current or previous professional or regulatory body.
The Standards Committee is made up of experienced BABCP members with varying backgrounds. To reflect the growing diversity within BABCP, applications are welcomed from anyone who can demonstrate the relevant experience.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Standards Committee please email your CV and brief covering statement (no more than 300 words) as to why you believe you are a suitable candidate, to Company Secretary, Ross White, at email@example.com by midday on Friday 27 October 2019. Arrangements will be made to hold a telephone interview or similar with all suitable candidates soon after.
There are normally three Standards Committee meetings in person per year (usually March and October as well as a meeting during the Annual Conference), though there may be additional occasional teleconferences.
Please note this is a voluntary position, though reasonable travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses will be covered from BABCP, subject to expense rules. You also receive free registration for the BABCP Annual Conference.