Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist (CBP)
Re-instatement of Provisional Accreditation
If your Accreditation (Provisional of Full) or Reaccreditation has lapsed, you may make an application for Re-instatement of Accreditation.
It is a two stage process and the second stage will differ depending on when your accreditation lapsed.
You must first apply for Provisional Re-instatement. 12 months after this award, members who had already achieved Full Accreditation before lapsing, should apply for Full Re-instatement.
Members whose accreditation lapsed during their provisional year, before they applied for Full Accreditation, should complete a Full Accreditation Application form a year after being granted their Provisional Re-instatement. They do not need to complete a Full Re-instatement application.
If neither Full Re-instatement or a Full Accreditation application is made 12 months after the Provisional Re-instatement is granted, your accreditation will lapse again. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not able to submit the relevant application in this timeframe.
On Provisional Re-instatement, you will reappear on the CBT Register UK - the date shown will be your Provisional Reinstatement date.
Provisional Re-instatement Criteria
- you must have previously been accredited to at least provisional level.
- you must be be back in practice,or about to return to practice with supervision arrangements in place.
- you must commit to maintaining your CPD and Supervision requirements.
- this must be completed first by every member wishing to reinstate.
Full Re-instatement Criteria
- have previously been granted Full Accreditation (otherwise you should complete a Full Accreditation Application Form.)
- demonstrate 12 months of supervised CBT practice. For part-time therapists, this will be a minimum of 2 client contacts a week. For practitioners who work in more than one modality, CBT must constitute at least 50% of their psychotherapeutic practice.
- provide evidence of and Reflective Statements on 5 pieces of CBT Continuing Professional Development including at least 6 hours of CBT skills workshops.
- provide a Supervisor's Report from your current supervisor