Are you a member yet? Membership is open to all and is the first step towards accreditation.
Mental Health Services
Working from home / an office location
Mental Health Service Lead
Full-time or part-time / with flexible working, overtime, and condensed hour options
Being an Ascenti EMDR Therapist is a huge privilege as you will be changing people’s lives every day.
You will initially be treating patients through digital therapy, via video and telephone calls; giving you the flexibility to work from home and/or an office environment.
Using contemporary and evidence-informed treatment methods, you will have the technology, tools, and support that you need to thrive as a clinician and to deliver outstanding treatment to our patients.
Our nationwide work varies, which means that you could be treating a range of people with a variety of mental health problems, from office workers and private medical insurance customers, to those referred for accident-related trauma and more complex difficulties.
It is an exciting time to join Ascenti as our mental health service is really taking off and we are looking for creative, highly skilled and top performing clinicians to help shape our service.
Senior clinicians will check in with you regularly and you will be joining a specialist mental health team within our nationwide community of 300+ Ascenti clinicians who use our modern online tools to stay connected. You will work on your own online, but you will never feel alone.
You will work independently and free from paper and red tape, but with support on hand every step of the way, cutting-edge technology, and a proven ability to create award-winning clinical development resources to make your clinical work as straightforward and effective as possible.
Quality & safety
Knowledge experience and qualifications
Knowledge / skills
· Conducting effective clinical assessments and prescribing evidence-based treatment plans.
· Core standards of EMDR and CBT practice and code of conduct outlined by the BABCP.
· Excellent IT skills and computer literacy.
· Strong verbal patient communication skills.
· Abide by ethical obligations in EMDR and CBT therapy, with a strong sense of professional integrity.
· Understanding of safety and legal obligations, including patient rights and consent.
· Any specialist mental health knowledge or skills relating to specific areas, e.g. trauma, emotional dysregulation, autism.
· Willingness to engage with emerging clinical knowledge or contemporary best practice, e.g. DBT, ASD and ADHD assessment and treatment.
· Evidence of conducting initial assessments, providing diagnosis, and prescribing treatment plans.
· Track record of working and communicating effectively with patients.
· Using communication skills effectively and working collaboratively as part of a team or with other therapists and mental health clinicians.
· Evidence of reading / studying in the English language and producing well-structured written documents or reports.
· Using modern IT systems or software to support your practice, e.g. videocall technology or electronic note taking.
· Track record of building own patient caseload / following.
· Experience of evaluating own practice and a commitment to continued learning and development.
· Demonstration of creative approaches to evidence-based practice
· Full BABCP accreditation.
· EMDR certification
· Enhanced DBS check with adult and child barred list checked.
· 5 or more years of BABCP accreditation
· Qualified in additional approaches to evidence-based practice, e.g. DBT.
We care about doing the right thing by our people and everyone that we work with.
We also expect our people to do the right thing and to model our values and the behaviours outlined in our Code of Conduct.
As an Ascenti employee you will follow key principles and policies covering Safeguarding, Equality Diversity and Inclusion, Data Protection and Risk Management.
Visit: https://www.ascenti.co.uk/careers/vacancy/emdrwfm-12-2 to make an application